The Courtiers’ Chamber

The wallpaper and stucco ceiling in the courtiers’ chamber were made in 1855 when the 18th century panels were also restored.

Until the death of Frederik VII the furniture consisted of a console table with a mirror, a desk and a mahogany table with six chairs.

The six large birds of prey were allegedly shot by Frederik VII in Funen, where he lived as crown prince.

In 1866, when Countess Danner opened the king’s chambers to the public, the mahogany table and chairs were removed and the room was fitted with display cases.